B.C.’s education system is among the most respected in the world. B.C. has become a favoured destination for new immigrants and thousands of international students every year because:
- The Dogwood Diploma (B.C.’s graduation certificate), is accepted worldwide as a standard of high achievement and English language proficiency.
- B.C.’s system has quality assurance and accountability measures in place to ensure that B.C. education offers a premier learning experience to all students.
- Many high school graduates gain admission to post-secondary programs in B.C., across Canada, the United States and around the world.
- Students from B.C. perform among the best in Canada and the world in national and international assessments.
- Many of our schools have a diverse student body, representing different languages and cultures from around the world.