A characteristic of a strong education system is that it strives to continuously improve.
B.C. works hard to continue as one of the leading education systems in the world – both in B.C. and through our network of overseas offshore schools.
B.C. has become a favoured destination for new immigrants and thousands of international students every year because:
- B.C.’s graduation certificate (Dogwood Diploma), is accepted worldwide as a standard of high achievement and English language proficiency.
- B.C.’s education system has quality assurance and accountability measures in place to ensure a quality learning experience to all students.
- Many high school graduates gain admission to post-secondary programs in B.C., across Canada, the United States and around the world.
- Students from B.C. perform among the best in Canada and the world in national and international assessments.
- Many of our schools have a diverse student body, representing different languages and cultures from around the world.
In addition to BC’s Curriculum, students and institutions also benefit from:
- The expertise and experience of B.C. educators working at offshore schools – their contributions enrich teaching practice and help schools develop an international curriculum.
- B.C.’s growing economy that offers graduates the opportunity to live and work in B.C.