Travel Outside of Canada


Travelling outside of Canada requires good pre-trip planning. Whether you plan to travel for a day, a week, or longer, make sure that you have the right documents and travel approvals.

Understand your international student study permit for leaving and re-entering Canada, and travel insurance requirements and responsibilities before you go. Visit the Government of Canada’s website for more detailed information.

Your biological family (not your homestay family) must arrange for your travel outside of Canada. It is the responsibility of you and your biological family to research and obtain the necessary visa/documents from the embassy or consulate of the country to be visited.

Your school must be notified of all travel arrangements outside of Canada.