Options for Insurance Coverage

While you are in B.C. studying, you must have health insurance coverage.

The B.C. Government offers the Medical Services Plan (MSP), which covers basic and most emergency medical services. If you stay in B.C. for more than 6 months, you will be required to join MSP. Your school district or independent school will provide information on how to apply for MSP.

In addition to MSP, school districts and independent schools are also expected to enrol international students in private, supplemental health insurance. Ask your school district or independent school international education office for details regarding private, supplemental health insurance.